View Single Post
October 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everybody! Y'all really helped me make my decision. I was so nervous that I'd make the wrong choice, but I decided to go back! I called my principal today & told her I would take the job.
So yay! I have a job now! I'll be working 8-11 which is light enough for me to still do the things I like to do with my kids.
I'm going shopping tomorrow & getting my hair done. I havent worked in over three years, so I need to update my wardrobe. I hope it all works out. If it does, I can see me doing this for the next 2 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand View Post
I kind of agree with the above. I totally get your hesitation, and I would question it too. Normally I would say "Trust your instincts". But in this case the principal seemed confident that things were improved, and you even saw it with your own eyes. I guess I want to ask you - do you think the principal is being honest, or is she BSing you so you'll come back?
I was afraid that things only appeared to be better, & she only thought the teacher had improved. And yes, I was also a little afraid that she just wanted me back on campus. She tried to talk me into a full time teaching position while I was there. One of the teachers is retiring due to health reasons, and she said she'd really love it if I took over her room. This was after we talked about the part time position though.