View Single Post
October 22nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
I agree with the others on the sunscreen. As far as the rest, well she's his mother. I'd find it impossible to sit back at my son's game & act like I'm a stranger to him while my ex's girlfriend acts like his mother. Sorry but that would be an issue for me.

The key here is - just because someone doesn't parent the way you do, doesn't make them a bad parent. Just makes them different. You can't teach her to parent your way. I have a neighbor who is like that. She expects all children to be parented the way she parents hers. She thinks she's above me. I parent the way I do by choice and have no desire to change for her or anyone else.

Step back & let her be O's mom. You don't have to like it or agree with how she does it but you do have to respect it. O will turn out just fine.
The same thing goes for her though. It's not about her stepping on stepmom's toes because she's not there by herself she's with this child's father. The mom is being completely disrespectful to the father because of her insecurities about the stepmother. It wasn't SM's choice to put sunscreen on O, it was a joint decision because he needs it. The dad would do that if he were by himself as well because it's a common sense this is what I have to do to take care of my kid thing.

Last edited by Ember Rose; October 22nd, 2012 at 11:16 AM.