View Single Post
October 28th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DD2 is 3 months old today. She's a very happy, easy going baby. BUT, her sleep is progressively getting worse. I'm a working mom and I need to sleep.

She eats during the day at: 6am, 8:30am (roughly), 11:30am, 2-2:30pm, 4-4:30pm, 6-6:30pm, 8pm..

8pm is bed time. During the night she wakes up at 12:30, 3:30, and sometimes once more.

IDK what to do! She takes a bottle for the 8:30 & 11:30am feedings as I'm at work. I pump after her 6am feed and before her 2-ishpm feed (doing it that way helps balance foremilk/hindmilk issues).

She was sleeping 8pm to 2-3am. It was wonderful. I can't go to sleep before 10pm. So I am not sleeping longer then 3 hours at a time. I was having success with waking her up to eat right before my bed time, but she wont nurse then anymore so I figured I'd just stop pressing it.

Nursing in the afternoon she half heartedly nurses. I'm very, very tempted to just switch her to bottles during the day and only nurse during the night. Which would make me pumping more then nursing, but that's ok. I think that we are on the go so much in the afternoons and evenings its hard to nurse her. I have a bad letdown in public combined with poor positions in the car or whatever.

I'm functioning on a total of 6 hours of broken sleep and I'm not a happy person to be around.