Topic: Rude!
View Single Post
October 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Doodlebug
Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737
Reguardless of everything else. I think what she said and did was normal 9 year old behavior. was it okay to say , probably not. but was it something a normal 9 year old would say. yep sure was.

I think that if YOU are the one caring for her, you just explain that isn't nice to say, you aren't being lazy you are asking for help so you don' thave to put down the sick baby to go get the nose spray which is needed (though I have to ask, why is it in the car, not in the house?) and you move on. you don't really need to leave the room, that's something I'd more expect from the 9 year old to storm off mad.
Ok. Nose spray was in the car bc I just bought it the night before and forgot to bring in. And the bag had the doll in it I had gotten for sd.
I left the room to avoid losing my temper. After 3 times of telling her NO and her repeating it again I wasn't sure of my what my reaction would be after the 4th. With my 2 kids my reaction would be something they wouldn't like. But I'm not allowed to parent her the same way. And her dad won't parent her so I removed myself from the situation to avoid a worse scenario.

And there are times I get mommy brain and leave stuff in the car that I need in the house. Not odd I'm guessing? But honestly I was needing the spray and to give her the doll. All in all *I* am married to dh and if I need him to go walk outside for anything or do anything it's between me and him. Not a 9 years old placed to question it. (which happens VERY often when she inserts herself in our convo's and questions me and my actions. NEVER does shd question dh or his actions unless he's doing things for me)
"why does HE need to get you water?"
"why does HE have to watch the baby ?"
"why does HE have to take the trash out?"
Examples of things she has asked in the past even as I was laid up after having baby or some illness.
Always followed by "are you too lazy??"

Shes been warned before that this isn't ok.
Or that questioning me or other adults isn't ok.
She does NOT do this to her mom or step dad.
I suppose that's bc her mom doesn't allow it and darn sure doesn't allow her to speak to her step dad that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug06

Ok. Nose spray was in the car bc I just bought it the night before and forgot to bring in. And the bag had the doll in it I had gotten for sd.
I left the room to avoid losing my temper. After 3 times of telling her NO and her repeating it again I wasn't sure of my what my reaction would be after the 4th. With my 2 kids my reaction would be something they wouldn't like. But I'm not allowed to parent her the same way. And her dad won't parent her so I removed myself from the situation to avoid a worse scenario.

And there are times I get mommy brain and leave stuff in the car that I need in the house. Not odd I'm guessing? But honestly I was needing the spray and to give her the doll. All in all *I* am married to dh and if I need him to go walk outside for anything or do anything it's between me and him. Not a 9 years old placed to question it. (which happens VERY often when she inserts herself in our convo's and questions me and my actions. NEVER does shd question dh or his actions unless he's doing things for me)
"why does HE need to get you water?"
"why does HE have to watch the baby ?"
"why does HE have to take the trash out?"
Examples of things she has asked in the past even as I was laid up after having baby or some illness.
Always followed by "are you too lazy??"

Shes been warned before that this isn't ok.
Or that questioning me or other adults isn't ok.
She does NOT do this to her mom or step dad.
I suppose that's bc her mom doesn't allow it and darn sure doesn't allow her to speak to her step dad that way.
But yes. All normal behavior for a 9 year old. I've said that several times!!! It's the fact that she's not corrected by her parent or given consequences. (which I can't give her bc I'm not allowed)

Jade Ja Kang
1-18-12
10:52 a.m.
18.5 inches
6lb 10 oz