Topic: Rude!
View Single Post
October 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
.Katie.
I have to advocate for the child. I feel like there is a lot more to this situation than what's being shared.

If I were just going off of the way that you react and explain yourself in your posts, it would lead me to believe that you tend to be a pretty volatile and controlling in person. I don't understand how everyone can jump on the DH hate train. I would venture to guess that she just might not be the easiest person to communicate with. This couple has major issues, but a good part of the reason they aren't getting resolved could very well be that they both aren't taking responsibility for their share of blame in this.

I've said it since I joined this board a couple years ago. Marriage takes love and respect. It won't function without both parts. I am not hearing much of those from either of you.

No matter how much you want to villanize the step daughter, the real underlying problems have little to do with her. She is being a kid and testing boundaries like all kids do. Somehow you have made her the scapegoat/fall guy for the toxic environment you and your DH have created. That environment is NOT her fault. She shouldn't be punished for it. The sooner you get that settled in your mind, the sooner you can work on REAL solutions to yours and DH's REAL problems.

Last edited by .Katie.; October 28th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.