Topic: quick update
View Single Post
October 29th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Hi ladies. Just wanted to drop a quick update by. We still have no definative answrs about DJ. He goes back to oncology on the 2nd to go over yet another series of labs and tests. I believe they arent finding anything because there is nothing to find. I know that thinking can be dangerous, but it helps me.

As for Joey... Its been 2 years and 24 days since C.M. Donated her marrow and saved his life. But the story behind her donation is just amazing... Will drop in and share that really soon. Joey broke his femur July 17, spent 2 weeks in traction, a month in a cast, and had 3 surgeries on his leg. All due to his weakened bones from treating his LCH. Well a week after the cast came off he was walking with a walker. A week after that he was starting to walk without it. Now hes running, riding bikes, etc... Just 2 months after cast removal. Its wonderful.

He also started preschool 2 weeks ago and its making a huge difference for him. Emotionally he is finally beginning to heal from the traumatic first few years.

The other kids are doing wonderful as well. Me... I am ok. I feel broken lately. Cant really explain it. Please keep DJ in your prayers. Will update again soon... Hope to be back online in a few weeks.