I'm Back and Info on Clinical Trial
View Single Post
October 30th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Hey ladies!!! We just got back from Italy and it was a wonderful vacation!! Everything went great and it was nice to get away from the daily routine - now I just have to try to lose all the pasta/gelato weight I put on....but it was worth it!!!
When I got back, I had a voicemail from my GYN about the clinical trial she mentioned before. It is for a drug called Elagolix. I read through the packet and decided against participation for several reasons.
1) Although I experience pain, my main concern right now is doing everything I can to preserve my fertility. This drug is mainly aimed at reducing pain and the effects on fertility are unknown. At this point I am unwilling to do anything that would potentially jeopardize my ability to have children.
2) There is only a 57% chance that I would even get the drug - 43% of participants get a placebo. I understand why they do this for research purposes, but as a potential participant, I don't like those odds.
3) The study lasts for like 18 months and my DH and I were planning on TTC actively in 10 months. I am going to be 33 in January and I don't want to wait any longer than we have already decided on.
And I guess the bottom line is that I just don't feel good about it....so I'm going to go with my gut and decline. I think if I already had children I would be 100% onboard. I'm glad they are researching new drugs and treatments for endo - I feel like we are forgotten sometimes!
Hope you are all well (I need to read through the messages I missed while I was gone next!!!)
View Public Profile
Find all posts by vtharvey