View Single Post
October 30th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
I don't have any advice, but I'm sorry that you're in such a tough situation. It's got to be scary.
Thanks. It's a tough one. We feel we did all we can. Going to court would just be to take O from her, and she doesn't deserve that. She feels she can keep him safe during her time... I guess we just have to trust her. She knows this guy better than we do. It's just that with the info she's given us, WE wouldn't trust him not to come back. Especially since he seems to come and go all the time.

Taking O from her would not benefit O. It would be yet another transition in his already unstable for so long life. He FINALLY has stability in both homes. Yes, she's moving a lot. But so is HE. HE gets to go where mom goes. Which hasn't always been the case. He's stoked about the move. Their own place. His own, real, bedroom.

At this point, I'm just being friendly with her and hoping she will tell us if something happens. We had a nice chat tonight at soccer. We chatted about O, what we can and can't get him to eat. Him sneaking candy. The funny things he says. Only once, when I mentioned Eric's family's meatloaf, did she comment, "Oh yes I remember his moms meatloaf." However, I just breezed past it. I reminded myself I don't have to "remember" his moms meatloaf, since she now considers me her daughter in law and I see her all the time. Deep breath, moved on. go me.