View Single Post
November 6th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your name, DH Name: Cary & Scott

Children/Angels: Angels 4/2008 and 8/2011 Rainbows: Reagan 3/3/09 and Addy 6/28/2012

When we decided to TTC after a couple of years of marriage, we never expected it to happen so quickly, I had done research, met with my doc and knew that it could take upwards of 1 year to get pregnant. We were surprised and excited to find out that we got pregnant on the 1st try. However, at about 6 weeks, I started spotting and went in for an u/s, they only saw a sac, but decided to wait another week since it was still a little early, I went for 2 more u/s's each a week later than the other and at 8 weeks, it was determined that I had a blighted ovum and I scheduled a D&E for the next day. After my first post loss AF, we started TTC right away and were again surprised that we got pregnant right away with our rainbow baby Reagan - she gave us quite a fright at 8 weeks when I started heavily bleeding, turned out to be a clot that was right by my cervix. When Reagan was about 2, we decided to NTNP and within about 3 months, I was pregnant again. We saw a seemingly healthy baby at about 6.5 weeks, strong hb and everything. At about 11.5 weeks I started spotting and with my history, my doc had me come in for an u/s. We found out that the baby had stopped growing and the hb had stopped at about 8.5 weeks. I had a D&E and we found out that that baby had a chromosomal abnormality (Turners Syndrome). Again, after my 1st post loss AF, we started TTC again and got lucky again and we were pregnant right away with our 2nd rainbow baby, Addyson!