View Single Post
November 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never lived close to my family since getting married, (dh was military) and the birth of my first child was states away 14-16 hrs by car from my family, but I did have an awesome group of friends that made things much easier to deal with. I suggest going to church if you attend and asking about any mom groups, perhaps MOPS, they will probably accept you even if you dont' have a preschooler because you are going to be a mom to one younger than school age. That probably depends on their chapter size though. You can also get involved at a La Leche League, which will give you great friendships, awesome support in breastfeeding and some information before you even start breastfeeding. If the local preschools know of any playgroups you could also attend one of them.
Also if those ideas don't work for you you could find a doula in your area, and even if you don't plan to use a doula she may be able to point you in the right direction to find the support you need. Doulas are required to have a list of resources availible that include support groups of all kinds. I hope this helps!