Topic: How soon?
View Single Post
November 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Veteran
First, let me offer my condolences. I'm so sorry about your loss and I understand wholeheartedly what you're feeling.

I was in the Oct 12 DDC and lost my beautiful son on July 30th at 32 weeks. It was devastating for both myself and my husband. Just like you, I wanted nothing more than to try again. It was the first thing that came to my mind in the hospital.

When can you try again? Well, whenever you feel you're ready. I received various opinions from midwives to doctors. Midwife said to wait a year or two. Doctor said it could be anywhere from 3-6 months. But the doctor I am seeing now said that there is really no right or wrong time to try again. It's up to us in the end if we feel we are ready. Mentally and physically... unless you had a c-section.

I started 'trying' just as soon as my PP bleeding stopped so just around the end of August. I did not get my period until around mid October, unfortunately. So now I am on cycle 2 and officially 'trying'.

It doesn't matter if I wait many years or get pregnant this cycle, I will always be frightened of losing another baby. But I have to be strong and do this because if I don't I'll always wonder 'what if'. I have to do this so that my little angel can have a brother or sister to watch over.

It's up to you. If you feel ready after PP bleeding I say go for it. If you feel like you want your body to go through one cycle, go for it. If you think maybe a few months, do so. When you feel you are ready, that is the time to do it.