View Single Post
November 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
(formerly junie22)
We all got sick with a cold a couple of weeks ago. Around the same time, Jackson started tonguing at his gums and sticking his hands in his mouth a lot more than usual. He'd been drooling for a while, but that picked up too. I noticed he would feel warm and sure enough had a fever from time to time. And, of course, he was fussier than usual (the kid hardly cries normally). I thought he might be teething, but DH said that it was impossible that he was teething at 2 1/2 months. Since he'd had a cold, I just assumed the fever and fussiness was from that.

He's well over his cold now and still doing all of those things. He became inconsolable this afternoon. And now he has a slight fever (around 100 degrees F). And he's tonguing his gums again. He also slept very poorly last night, waking up and tossing and turning all night, though he didn't want to nurse every time. So I do believe he is officially teething now.

Going back to your question, he gets feverish and fussy mostly in the afternoons/early evening.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.