FAIR FIGHTING RULES FOR COUPLES
View Single Post
October 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I am just me
Join Date: Mar 2004
3. No fighting for longer than
. If discussion lasts for longer then 15 minutes, it is not going to be resolved. Reschedule for another day and time.
4. Don\'t say never, always or you.
5. Say I feel, I need, I want, when I hear you say...I think or feel..
6. Don\'t go to bed angry.
7. Don\'t just say "I\'m sorry"; include "please forgive me".
8. Do not argue when hungry, angry, tired, or late at night.
9. Discuss only one topic at a time. It is not helpful to bring up old problems at the same time as discussing new problems.
10. Talk about how you feel hurt and why; anger is a secondary emotion.
11. Each partner needs to take no more than 50% of the responsibility for the communciation problem. A relationship is a mutal agreement between 2 people and it does not come easily, it takes practice, work, and time.</span>
I do Swag Bucks! Come join me to earn FREE gift cards and other prizes
View Public Profile
Visit in_mommy's homepage!
Find all posts by in_mommy