View Single Post
November 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
I hope she realizes that these "threats" she makes to her child of being sent to go live with her father are going to backfire on her. The first time the child may cry a bit and be sad, but after a while she will be like no problem...let me go! Thats what my mom did to me and junior year I finally said good and went. She tried to get me to go home and I wouldn't. I didn't even talk to her for nearly 3 years after I moved in with my father.
The child is 14 and according to Dh, bio mom said it was dsd that said she wanted to come live with us. Not bio mom threatening. This has never happened in the 8 years that dh has been divorced from her (well at least that we were notified). Though I don't wonder if dsd has regretted the statement. While she loves us, it will be hard for her to move 4 hours away from her mom, sister & all her friends. Plus they live in a rural town of less than 300 people & we live in the suburbs of Chicago. Way big difference.

Still no word btw. Hoping that dh can at least get confirmation on the exchange for Thanksgiving and then once we have dsd with us, we can get the scoop.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah