View Single Post
November 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally get it. And everyone on here sounds reasonable. But you have to understand that we just see a lot of people that will throw huge fits with any deviation in the birth plan. Like the IV thing, it's required in case of an emergency, we need access to give drugs. (it's scary to think about, but I'm not talking pitocin here, I'm talking epinephrine if your heart stops kind of stuff). We have women that throw HUGE fits about it. Not to long ago we had a patient who came in laboring but didn't want to have the baby until the next day because being born on the day she went into labor was bad luck, or at least that's what their spiritual advisor told them. Baby ended up having decels and she needed a c section but Dad was so upset he literally ripped the epidural out of her back to stop them from operating until after midnight as per their birth plan. It was insane. I have to ask though, what is the issue with the cord? Is cutting it while pulsating bad? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I've never heard that.

Daffney