View Single Post
November 18th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
Yes, check with your doula about the local anesthetic - from what I researched, it can sometimes make you tear when you wouldn't normally tear, but in my case I am throwing in the towel because I kind of expect to tear. Oh, such a lovely thing to look forward to. Thanks for reminding me about the breastfeeding bits. Need to add that!
Oh that is interesting... My doula is also an RN, I'll ask her opinion on this. With Greyson I did tear but just a bit, 2 stitches here, 2 here, 1 here... And I have a feeling this baby is going to stay on the smaller side.

A lot of things I would have on my birth plan are standard at the hospital I will be delivering at. Its appearantly the only 'baby friendly' hospital in the state, so they say. Everyone you may interact with, down the the janitorial staff, have had some training regarding breastfeeding. Crazy, but awesome! So I know that is a priority for them as well. They also dont remove the baby from the delivery room unless there is an emergency. They do all the checks, clean him up, everything, right there in the same room. Then we move to a recovery room together. Im very happy with this hospital so far-they even offer aromatherapy! How cool is that?! Especially for a University, teaching hospital.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.