View Single Post
November 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally want to read it! I know the physiology and all the things that happen anatomically in the first few breaths and that in and off itself, the way things have to coordinate and happen "just so", is amazing. The fact that things don't go exactly the way they are supposed to most of the time is a miracle. The cord blood thing is fascinating. I know all the benefits of cord blood banking and stuff, I guess I just never thought about delaying clamping. Something I'll have to look into.

Maybe the reason I'm so leery of birth plans is because of what I've been exposed to. Now I feel like it's something I want to look into. I mean, if I'm at a delivery it's because it's "high risk" for some reason or another and in those cases birth plans or at least part of them, get thrown out the window. So all I've been exposed to is people who flip out because things aren't going the way they want to. Regardless, this conversation/thread has made me at least want to look into outlining some stuff. Like them not taking the baby. I had asked one of the nursery nurses about it and she said they "only take them for an hour or so" when they are a couple hours old and I told her that I didn't want to do that so maybe having something outlined would be better.

Daffney