View Single Post
November 19th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hiya!
Those numbers aren't too high, nor are they doubling abnormally.

Average HCG numbers vary WIDELY. Looking at charts, when you aren't sure exactly when you conceived is rather unhelpful. When it comes to birth control and getting pregnant like that, you really can't depend on when. You could have ovulated on your "period" (which was likel just breakthrough bleeding and not an actual period). Your body could have ovulated shortly after removal, instead of the standard two weeks. And the numbers aren't so far off to make that an unreasonable thought.

It would be impossible to see anything on ultrasound with HCG numbers of only 1200. So that is not atypical. It would be hard, if not impossible, to see anything even at 3000 or 4000. Most doctors wait until 6000, when a sac could visualized. I don't know why they automatically jumped to an ectopic, maybe it's a risk with nuvaring. I don't know. But they won't either until a week or so.

But, it sounds like your blood results were doubling in 28ish hours, which mine always do too (anywhere from 24-72 hours is normal For doulbing times). It's a good change for somewhere in the four-weeks pregnant area (instead of four weeks even, i would guess four and a few days, which means A LOT when it comes to HCG, even if a couple days doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

I would follow up with a GYN in a week. If no bleeding or other pain happens until then. They should be able to tell you a lot more information. But for now, I would consider it a healthy pregnancy and not flip out about anything being wrong. Take care of yourself as though you are pregnant. And try to be patient until next week. But I think, despite what the nurses/doc said, you are probably looking at a pretty normal early pregnancy right now. At least from what I can see (but I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv).