View Single Post
November 25th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I desparately need some input, but no forum seems to be exactly the right fit....
So can you ladies help me out?

My DH and I are both getting ready to turn 36. We have two great kiddos, DS is 5 and DD is 3. I have been back and forth on whether we want a third and DH is even less sure (though I think he would be on board if I was really, really convinced). We both work full-time out of the house, and while I just can't seem to shake the desire to have another baby, I have some concerns, as well.

On the "pro" side, I love being pregnant. I feel like giving my kids another sibling is the greatest gift I could give them...And I absolutely love being a mom. It's the job I never knew I wanted and the one that I value the most....mothering those kids makes my life meaningful. I feel like I want the chance to really savor every moment of another pregnancy.

On the "con" side, we both work full-time and feel like our time and energy is already taxed. We are both pretty type-A and are not laid back enough to "go with the flow" when things turn to utter chaos. For a few years, two of the kids would need to share a room until my son is old enough to move downstairs. And my son is starting kindergarten next year and we want to send him to private school, so we'd have one in private school and two in daycare, which is a big hit financially.

I'm just wondering if you can tell me what it was like to go from 2 to 3. Was it a big adjustment? Did you feel like you could give less of yourself to your other kids? Did your desire to have a big family evolve over time or did you always know it was what you wanted? I know 3 does not constitute a big family and it's probably absurd to think that women with 7-10 kids might say, "no, don't do it" , but I'm still curious, given our circumstances, if anyone might have some advice? I posted this question over a year ago, when I was far less serious (and this forum seemed to be less active). Now we are thinking that we would start trying in the next 6 months if we decide the decision is right. Can you help me out?

Thank you all for reading my ramblings and I really look forward to hearing what you have to say.