View Single Post
November 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you both for your responses. Just to provide some additional insight, I have a very family-friendly job. I work 8:30-4:30, never travel, don't work on weekends and can leave during the day anytime I need. So I never miss the kids' school events and frequently take the day off to prepare for a birthday party or other "family event." However, my husband and I both have school loans and it is necessary for us both to work in order to maintain the lifestyle that we want. Nothing extravagent, but without the constant pressure and stress of worrying about money. It obviously comes at a price, because in a perfect world, I would stay home. But these are the choices we made. I would never let "money" completely stand in the way of having another baby, but it's certainly one of many factors. I get that no one regrets having a child and I wouldn't either. But it's unrealistic to think that another baby wouldn't require more of us and I just want to make sure that we have that "more" to give. The problem? I don't know what "more" is. Our family with two children already seems a little chaotic to me....so is having a third no big deal or does it drastically increase the craziness. The only thing I can think to do is look to others who have been there and done that to try and get a better picture of what's going on. My DH and I don't use birth control, but it requires a little more of us to get pregnant. While I, too, think that children are blessings given to us by God, we have to do our part to help in the miracle and it wouldn't come from NTNP or NFP for us.