View Single Post
November 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen.keesler View Post
I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, but I never bled out, so I didn't know what was happening and ended up having a D&C when I found we'd lost the baby at 12 weeks, but I was still having unprotected sex and I read somewhere that you can ovulate after your hormone levels go down. And someone said they got pregnant 2 weeks after their miscarriage and I didn't know if it was possible to get pregnant while I still had the baby inside me. I didn't think it would matter since I was having a D&C the next day, but now I'm worried I might have gotten pregnant again.
Not sure if you will read this, but no that is not possible. If someone got pregnant two weeks after it was two weeks after a natural miscarriage. When you wait it out, you would have automatically started to bleed & miscarry when your hormone levels got low enough. It is not unusual for it to take some time between when the baby passes & the body finally reaches a low enough level to kick start the physical miscarriage. When that happens, it is not unusual for your body to hormonally respond to the natural miscarriage like the start of a cycle, so you could very well ovulate 2 weeks later. If your body had not yet dropped hormone levels to start to miscarry on it's own, you certainly did not ovulate. Plus, until your body does that you have a mucous plug & your cervix is closed.

I hope that helps you feel less worried.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet