View Single Post
November 28th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter will be 2 in Feb and she still breastfeeds. I've really enjoyed breastfeeding her, but now I'm pregnant and for some reason the sensation of her breastfeeding drives me insane. I hate the feeling and it makes me want to wean my daughter. I feel so terribly guilty On the other hand, my OB wants me to wean her because I was having BH and I wasn't sure if it was related to not being hydrated enough and honestly, I think there are times I can feel my uterus contracting while she's breastfeeding. I'm only 26 weeks so the last thing I want is to go into labor early.

I'm trying to get her used to going down for the night or a nap without breastfeeding, but she hates it and cries and cries and cries. I give in because I know I've accustomed her to going to sleep after breastfeeding. Sometimes she does go down after getting her milk and then delatching. I feel guilty when I do it because I know ultimately this is leading to weaning which I think she was trying to do on her own but not as fast a rate as I'm trying to make it happen.

Anyway, I feel so guilty. And tonight her dad put her down for the night and she went to sleep with her little baby doll bottle in her hand which was the most darling thing ever, except clearly she knows/thinks bedtime means milk time even for her dolls!

Well, I just needed to get that off my chest and am open to any thoughts/ideas on the topic especially if anyone has ever been in the same boat.
P.s. I feel so guilty it makes me want to cry....hormones...