View Single Post
December 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
My son is 3 months old and has been swaddled for sleeping since birth but he is starting to show signs of rolling. I don't think purposefully... he bends his knees, pushes on his mattress with his feet and forcefully turns to the side. He is getting so close to flipping and I am terrified I am going to wake up one night to him face down on the mattress!! Not only that, he is breaking out of his swaddle about 5-6 times a night and wakes up screaming. I have to get up and swaddle him back each time before he will fall back asleep. It is terrible. He is cranky pretty much all day because he is getting such bad sleep at night.

I am trying to swaddle just one hand out, but he is not taking it very well. I rock him until he is really, really sleepy and then put him down. Within 10 seconds he is S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G. And I mean screaming so hard he is turning a purple color so I of course scoop him up and try again. After 20 minutes of this, he finally goes to sleep only to wake up in 20 minutes screaming again.

I do NOT believe in cry it out... so please do not suggest this. Any other tricks or do I just need to keep forging ahead and eventually he will be okay with it??