View Single Post
December 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Keepin' it real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
Okay first off I DO understand that sometimes you *have to* go.
Like a single mom with sick kids, no help & need toilet paper is GOING to the grocery store. I don't MEAN that situation. I mean like bringing your sick child to my Halloween party...or to a restaurant or wherever you do NOT *have to* go.

Is it okay? Wrong? Your thoughts?

I personally think you keep your kid home if they are oozing mucous or otherwise potential sources of infection. But I know that is just me because I see people all.the.time not following that line of thinking & sometime seven bringing their sickie to MY house & then becoming annoyed when I tell them NOT to do this. LOL
A friend of mine last week had a child with vomiting/diarrhea. She posted online that she was taking her child to church and that she KNEW people would be upset and told people to let her have her choice. This was a RED FLAG. Why, WHY, if you think your decision is right, do you need to post a warning about it? Later that day, she posted again that her child did well and that because other parents brought kids with colds, she didn't feel bad bringing her child.

I responded to her and let her know that what she did was irresponsible and if MY kid got sick because she brought her sick kid to church, KNOWING that it was contagious, I'd be pissed. I don't care that "other" parents' kids had "colds". Other friends/family posted to her equally upset that she chose to risk others, so I know that I'm not alone when I say that it's just plain wrong to do that.

Once again, we're not talking about mom taking kid to the pharmacy because she HAS to, but church? She could miss one day. I'm sure God would forgive someone for missing in this case

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??