View Single Post
December 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You're right. She is adorable. I'm sorry for your struggles. I say 'it's not easy to be marcus' mom sometimes'. But I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I know what you mean. My 11 year old is an aspie. He has a very very hard time with school. Marcus is smart. But it doesn't matter right now with every day life. It doesn't matter when he races into the street without thinking, or jumps down the stairs without thinking there could be consequences. It certainly doesn't help at all when his main problems have nothing to do with it.

I am worried he will never be able to make a friend that will love him. I could care less if he can do algebra. I want to know that he is happy and safe. Not that someday he could be an amazing pianist. And I want people to love him for the quirky little guy he is, instead of something he might do in the future. Can't they just love his sweetness, his quirks and his ability to look past everything around him?

One of my best upsides with marcus? He's 11 and he has NO idea that it's not cool to hug his mom in public and tell her he loves her. The best upside ever. Jeez I love that kid so much. <3

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26