View Single Post
December 7th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Wow that is a great pic!!!

That is very distressing news about the placenta increta. I totally understand your desire to not terminate but I just wonder about the details of the risks to you? As someone who had an embryo removed (along with the whole fallopian tube) due to a ruptured ectopic, sometimes it really is a matter of saving the life of the mother (in my case VERY obvious as I was going to bleed to death within hours without the surgery). If it is already growing into the bladder there may be a pretty severe risk of reaching a vital organ... I am not a dr of course and I don't really know. I hope it does not come to that of course, and that any physical effects on you from carrying to term would be manageable somehow. So sorry you are dealing with this
To tell you the truth I have a team of perintologists, maternal fetal medicine drs and uroligists (as of today) and they just do not know. In most inccreta cases the placenta grows into the bladder, ovaries sometimes the abdomen. I am sure there are cases where a placenta invades the bladder, and moves on to other organs but they never said that. I mean there is a definite risk of me losing my bladder. A serious risk. But there is a great chance that baby can make it to term while placenta takes up residence there. Now to give you perspective out of the entire placenta the part currently attached to my bladder is like 1cm. So the majority of the placenta is still either in the myometrium. We will only get more answers as we get further along. I am so sorry for your previous loss.