View Single Post
December 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have not read that book (it was on my list but didn't get to it). I have read a few others, as well as plenty of info on line, from our health department about each disease and the degree of seriousness of them in today's health care system.

We delay. Kaitlyn has had the 2, 4, and 6 months shots but we started the series at around 3 years old, as well as the meningitis. I'm researching the MMR at the moment and the more I do the more I'm hesitant. We don't do flu shots at all, and I'm on the fence about the chicken poxs one.

Dominic has had none to date, but I do plan to do the first series (2, 4, and 6 month ones) when he is a bit older, at least 2. I'm considering doing the meningitis one soon.

I know by then a lot of those diseases are no longer much of a concern. Meningitis is always a bad one though so I like to do that earlier. I mostly wanted the first sets for the tetanus (because I think they are at higher risk for that once they are out and about outside around DH's car stuff, guinea pig cages, dog kennels etc) and the whooping cough). So he will have those after age 2 and after that I'm still weighing the positives vs negatives of the other vaccines.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!