View Single Post
December 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They nicked my spine when they put the epi in which caused spinal fluid to leak out. While I had the epi in my whole body went numb. I couldn't feel my hands or anything below my waist so it stopped the pain. Then it started affecting my blood pressure and my blood pressure got really low. The nurse kept having to give me ephedrin to increase my blood pressure. The dr finally had to use the vacuum to get Jacob out because I was so numb I couldn't bear down to push him out.

After the epi wore off, I had a spinal headache because the spinal fluid was still leaking out. The spinal headache was the worst headache I have ever had. It caused me to throw up and I had a very difficult time taking care of Jacob the first few days of his life. I finally had a blood batch which patched the leak, but the first one didn't take so I had to do it again and it worked that time so the headaches went away. I think what happened to me is very rare but I know that for me anyway, I would rather have a few hours of total pain than go through what I went through after Jacob was born.

I did have an epi with Jackson and had no problems at all with it which is why I had no problems getting one when I was pregnant with Jacob but if we do have another baby I will definitely have a natural delivery.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy