View Single Post
December 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we all worry about labor, whether it's our first or not Or worry about something having to do with the new baby...it's only natural!

I had an epi with both of my girls and no complications. For me, I had to be induced both times, the girls just were way too comfy...my first baby had meconium in her waters when it broke and had to be in the NICU for the 2 days I was in the hospital - she never showed signs of distress, so I was really glad that I was induced - I made it to 9 cm before the pain became unbearable with her. With my 2nd baby, I was glad I got the epi a little earlier, because the anesthesiologist was standing there watching my contractions and her eyes got so big I thought they were going to pop out of her head...she said, did you feel that, I said feel what? The epi had taken affect, thank goodness because she said she had never seen a contraction that big...lol! No wonder I had her so quickly!

Anyways, it can go both ways, for me the epi was my saving grace and I felt completely fine after my 2nd baby was born, I was really worn out with the first one, but not from the epi, I wasn't good at pushing with her...lol! I don't know how you women that have natural childbirth do it, but you are amazing

I worried with both, with the 2nd it was, I wonder if my labor would go as quickly as the first, will I tear again, will I need another episiotomy, will the baby need to be in the NICU...luckily, I tore a little, but it was on my own and I healed so quickly from that I was amazed!

Becky, good luck with the upcoming birth, she should be here anyday now and I am so excited for you! I hope you get the birth that you have been hoping for!!