View Single Post
December 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
I think religion is a whole different deal. There is a difference between someone's spiritual beliefs and a story that some parents choose to tell their children is real.

I don't believe in God but I wouldn't encourage a child to tell another child who did that he didn't exist, but then I wouldn't encourage a child to say that about Santa either, no one likes a know-it-all.

That said, I think it works both ways, as a child who got the constant "You're so stupid and you are a bad kid because Santa doesn't come from you, you're on the naughty list" I think kids who do believe should be explained to that not everyone believes, and not to be rude about it too. Tolerance works two ways.
We are working on this. We've explained that once you no longer believe in Santa, he no longer comes to your house. So kids who don't get Santa presents aren't necessarily naughty, they just don't believe in him. Also explained it's not polite to try and berate his friends into believing in Santa, that's something they have to be able to do on their own, that we respect what they believe, and just believe in what we believe ourselves. He seems to have gotten it, and we didn't get a message last week about him yelling at the kids again.

I just wish on the flip side every kid in class wasn't trying to convince him Santa wasn't real. Started last year in Kinder... wasn't expecting that at all.. Teacher says it's pretty 50/50, and the not real kids are absolutely out to convince the others there is no Santa. 2 blog posts, 2 emails and a letter home and it's not getting any better.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)