View Single Post
December 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomama View Post
Not really. I had it terribly with my first three...bordering on psychosis with my second. But with my last, I had my placenta encapsulated, and the post partum experience was night and day from my other three. I will never again consider *not* consuming my placenta! I paid, I think, $250 or so to have it done last time. This time, we bought a capsule machine, and dh is going to do it for me. We plan on adding a little lemon balm for an extra mood boost, and milk thistle for a breastmilk boost.
If for some reason I were unable to use my placenta, I am terrified of what might happen. I really don't want to go there again.

Idk about your midwife, but I'm pretty sure Jess Stahle does encapsulation, and she lives quite close to you. I thnk her website is quirkymama.com. or you could diy, like me ;-)
Shut up! That is SO crazy! My midwife and I JUST talked about this today! Guess who she recommended?!

Yup! I have Jess' name and number on a post-it on my counter right now! Small world! My midwife said at she has never had a client regret taking placenta capsules and that it can make a world of difference.

I told DH I want to either DIY it or pay someone and he thinks I have gone nuts.

Do you know how you're doing it? DIY-ing it makes me nervous (it seems daunting), but I will try anything to avoid PPD!

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _