View Single Post
December 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frackel View Post
I wanted to add something..shocker, eh?

THIS, is one of the reasons why I "let" my kids believe in Santa..
(again, not saying everyone else, or their beliefs is/are wrong)

She'll be 12 in April. She still believes, it's still very much magical, and it still does this to her each and every time she sees him. Again, I can't say for certain how she feels about seeing him, like, everywhere, lol. Or how that impacts her belief IN him as a person. But if believing he's real helps make this smile shine, like this, all year long..I am sooo not taking that away from her.

Yes she's painted like a cat, lol. This was from the party at my mother's MC on Saturday.
I guess this is sort of what I have a problem with. I'm sure you don't mean it this way, but when I see/hear people say this it makes it seem like the only way for children to be this happy is with Santa. They do Santa to make their children happy and they just wouldn't be as joy-filled if they knew he was fake. Not telling kids about Santa is somehow "taking this away from them". That's how it comes off. I think children can be just as happy, Christmas can be just as much fun, etc without Santa. Santa being real isn't necessary for your children to have big smiles on their faces that warms your heart.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12