View Single Post
December 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frackel View Post
Then that's simply your terrible interpretation of what I said. I never said a **** word about others not celebrating Santa being unable to have a happy holiday, or happy children at the holidays. You need to stop looking for intent to insult, when there is absolutely none there. Just because others are snotty with you about it in your life doesn't mean everyone is going to be. What I said does not in any way come across the way you interpreted it. You're projecting, and that is entirely your issue, not mine.

That's exactly why you get miffed, you find insults where no one sticks them. Because thus far, in this thread, I haven't seen a single person say "if you don't have Santa, you can't have happy", or anything even remotely close to it. I have no doubt that people in your life, and elsewhere do exactly that, tell you that you're somehow damaging children by not having this sort of belief. Or that by telling other kids there isn't a Santa, you're taking away the magic from them. I know they exist, I've seen them. They exist on both sides of the fence, too, in both camps. But that doesn't mean that everyone who does celebrate Santa, thinks like them.

I posted that pic as an example of why we do Santa, and what Santa does for MY kids. Not as an example of why others should, or why it's necessary, or anything like that. I even qualified the post as such. Yet still, you found offense. Which tells me, you were looking for it in the first place. I also never said they NEED Santa to have such smiles on their faces. Again, you're projecting your own issues. I said that this particular smile came about because of Santa and how we celebrate and I, personally, don't find a need to take that particular smile away. My children smile for all kinds of reasons. They even smile at kids and adults alike who like to think their ways are the only right ways
Are you honestly saying you don't understand how passive aggressiveness works? Yes it must be just me that someone saying their kid smiles this big and they wouldn't want to take that way can come off as insinuating that not having Santa means kids don't have that smile. I know you probably didn't mean it that way, which is exactly what I said in my above post. But how do I know who thinks their way is better, vs who just likes to share pictures of kids? I have been on the internet long enough to know that people are passive aggressive and holier than thou. Kind of like your last sentence, what do you mean by that? That I think my way is the only right way? Because I have never said that at all. I don't have any problem with people pretending Santa is real as long as they follow my wishes when it comes to my child. And if you didn't mean I think my way is the only right way, why did you say it?

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12