View Single Post
December 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Amy
TTC Since...: January 2012
Loss date(s): I had a chemical pregnancy in early August, and a 7 week loss at the end of October.
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: We were lucky with our first, and conceived my first month of the pill. Thinking that 3 years age difference would be good, we actually wanted to start TTC our second in the fall of 2011, but had to postpone because I got sick and was hospitalized. I have Crohn's Disease, which is an autoimmune disorder, and when the disease is active it makes it pretty hard to get pregnant. If you do get pregnant and you are flaring the pregnancy can be more high risk, leading to miscarriage and pre-term labor, and make the mom even sicker. So we waited until January 2012. It was probably premature, though, because I still wasn't entirely well yet. I relapsed, had another flare-up in March. Starting in April I did acupuncture to help with fertility and Crohn's symptoms, and it finally got me into remission. I did conceive in July but I think it didn't implant because it ended up being a 4 week loss. I had a slight Crohn's flare in August, but quickly rebounded and got pregnant in September. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended at 7.5 weeks. We are now in the 2ww, trying after our first regular cycle after that loss. I try not to stress but I really would like to get pregnant quickly because my Crohn's is thankfully still in remission, which will make everything easier.

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: We do Hanukkah. I like latkes, cookies, and lighting the menorah with my little man. He's 3 and finally got excited about it this year!