View Single Post
December 15th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, my first labour and delivery was at home in a birthing tub. Therefore I was naked for the majority of the time. This time, however, we're going to have a hospital birth (living back at home, and my dad said NO WAY to a home birth).

I keep hearing about how awful hospital gowns are. Uncomfortable, ugly, shows your backside, etc. Honestly, it never even occurred to me to wear anything other than the hospital gown. I was looking into maternity clothes online today since I'm getting to that point where I need them, and I ended up looking at a product on Amazon called Pretty Pushers. At first I thought, "Really? How vain do you have to be to care what you look like when you're giving birth?" I was thinking it was just a silly novelty item. Then I started reading the reviews, and it seems like most everyone who has bought one absolutely loved them. Apparently they're quite comfortable - and they ARE pretty cute - and they have openings and ties in all the right places for monitoring and whatnot.

So ladies, what's your opinion? Have any of you worn something other than the standard hospital gown during your previous deliveries? Is it worth shilling out $20 for? Or is it one of those things that is a good idea in theory but I won't give a crap about once I'm in labour?