View Single Post
December 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchihuahua View Post
I don't want to worry about cleaning anything after labor. So, hospital gown all the way for me. That's another reason I wouldn't do a home birth - I don't want to have to think about cleaning up after and I don't trust DH to do as good a job! lol Silly, I know.
Well, with the particular outfits I'm talking about, they're kind of made to be disposable. Since they don't cost a ton of money, you won't really worry about it possibly getting ruined.

Honestly though, I think I'm going to just go with the hospital gown. Since we're having a midwife, we're expected to leave within 4 hours of birth, unless of course there's a problem requiring me to stay. Seems silly to pay for and bring a piece of clothing that I could care less about during labour, especially if I'm going to be going home just a few hours later. It's not like anyone is going to come visit me in the hospital, they can just come visit us at home, and by that time I'll be in my own comfy clothes anyways.

Oh, and as far as the home birth...yeah, there's some pretty nasty clean-up involved. Since we had a birthing tub, all the ick was confined to that area, but my husband said cleaning it was the most disgusting thing he's had to do in his life. And this is a man who gets queasy and faint at the slightest sight of blood. I was amazed that he was able to handle it!