View Single Post
December 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM
He's new to me. He had a partner whom had been my OBG for 9ish years but he took a Chief Medical position at the hospital so I was stuck seeing this other guy. He seems nice enough but he doesn't seem to have it all together in some ways. His EDD was the day after what I had (based on my charting) but now he's got it for 2 days after I had. For the first trimester I couldn't swallow those horse prenatal pills so I bought an OTC chewable but have mentioned to him that I can handle the pills now... still hasn't written me a script for any or given me any samples. He also wouldn't do my AFP until he showed I was 15 weeks which was technically the day after I saw him but he scheduled me to come back the first week in January.

He has told me we were going to schedule my ultra sound at my last visit but he has changed that to my next visit. I'm just not sure what to think at this point. DH and I have talked about getting a midwife, especially because of my not wanting any pitocin or an epidural based on my last experience with it... it was horriffic to say the least.

He's nice, just very different from what I'm used to having. My last OBG was, IMO, the best. I also had to change insurances, and I didn't tell them when I was making the decision... only after the change had taken place and they said this doctor doesn't like those kind of changes and would have to talk to him about it and get back to me. Um... I didn't realize that that was any of their business as long as they took the insurance (which they do). I'm just not sure what to think... I am heavily leaning towards a midwife though.