View Single Post
December 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My vote is for midwife. I saw an OB right at the beginning of my first pregnancy and I didn't like the way I was treated - like he could have cared less who I was, just get in and get out and don't forget your co-pay. I switched to a midwife and she was amazing. Scheduled full hour appointments every time, just to chat and catch up and see how I was doing physically and emotionally. She was available any time I needed to call to ask a question, and when I had a crazy long labour, she and a few student midwives took rotating positions, staying with me for 2 full days. And then she came to the house the next day to check on me and baby. I think midwives are the best, and I'm using one this pregnancy as well. If you're not planning to use any interventions anyways, then midwives are great for that. If you're delivering at a hospital, all the interventions are available just in case you need them, but a midwife won't push you to do anything you don't want to do unless it's absolutely necessary.

I think you have to be comfortable with the person delivering your baby and caring for you all these months. I find that midwives are definitely better at providing the one on one care that I want and need.