View Single Post
December 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
just me
Don' t have one and don't want one. For a really long drawn out reason, lol. First of all, I promised myself when I first was pregnant with Cora that I wouldn't ever issue a thread that I wouldn't follow through with. That includes not getting a present if you're naughty. I can't think of an instance when I would ever NOT give her a present (I'll gladly take them away if they're naughty afterward, but on Christmas morning, they're going to have something to open). I've chosen not to reinforce the idea, and to me, that's all the elf does. And the second reason I don't like to reinforce it really only came into light this Christmas. I've been telling Erin that the reason Santa gives us presents is to remind us that Heavenly Father gave us Jesus. And, in reality, we are all naughty, and we all get Him anyway. So how can I teach my daughter that Santa's presents represent the Savior, and then tell her that she won't get them/Him if she's naughty?

((That by NO MEANS means that I think people are wrong for using the elf. I think it's cute. It just doesn't work for me and my family))