View Single Post
December 19th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Scooter!
34w2d - The sun is back.
It's been gloomy and rainy the past 2 days around here, so it was nice to wake up to the sun this morning! Hopefully that will get me motivated to tackle my list.

Last night was good. I picked up DH from work, ended up waiting about a half hour for him to finish up his strat plan meeting, then we went to get his mom's Christmas gift nearby, then went to CPK for dinner. When we were in-between, his boss calls, so I figured he needed something from the meeting (which he let DH leave early once he found out I was waiting for him, and it was already 7pm). Well, he didn't. He felt so bad for keeping him so late, and knowing how it is to have a pregnant wife (they just had their 4th about 5 months ago) and to be working late every night, so he told DH to bring the receipt from our dinner, and he would cover it.

So unexpected. Yet so thoughtful. Very unnecessary, but a nice gesture. He does realize that he has DH at work every night far later than he should, and has him working at home every night too, all while trying to get baby stuff and Christmas stuff done. So it was nice.

DH also got his company's holiday gift yesterday (never anything big, usually some generic trinket thingy). Well, it was a VERY soft, VERY plus, winter white blanket with a very small subtle company logo embroidered on it. It's going to be an AWESOME Scooter blankie!

Ok, so we came home after a deelish dinner (I have the leftovers for lunch), and put all the ornaments on the tree. I wasn't terribly into it, but I really wanted it done. DH put on some Christmas music, and we had at it. This is the first year that we haven't had to put any of the generic bulb ornaments on the tree, since our personal ornament collection has gotten so big! We also, last night, bought our new ornament (we get ourselves a Hallmark one each year). It's a Frosty the Snowman one. So cute. We filled in the gaps with candy canes. I love our tree. I always used to do very classy trees - white lights, burgandy and gold ornaments and garland, and all that jazz. Well, DH and I have a fun tree - colored lights, fun ornaments (many from our own childhood), and a tree topper that is a light-up Yoda star. Yep. It's fun.

We relaxed for a few after that, then went to bed. I slept like crap, for this reason and that. Mostly just constipated. Took care of that this morning, thank goodness. I already started some projects downstairs - cleaning out a cabinet to make room for baby stuff, breaking down boxes from the shipments that arrive every day. No word on if the contractor will be back today, but I really hope so.

Looks like a big chunk of my Christmas gifts will be arriving tomorrow, so I'm hoping to spend the afternoon wrapping them, after my appointments.

I am nervous about the appointments, and don't know why. I have no reason to be. Scooter seems to be just great, albeit big, and his activity is normal. I am feeling no signs of pre-term labor (something for which I am at risk for a number of reasons), and other than a slight headache (guaranteed from dehydration), I feel pretty ok. I'm sure things will be fine. Just probably stressed about the holiday and house guests and such.

So, I'm probably going to log off for a bit today, something I rarely do when I'm home, but I really need to focus and get stuff done.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
x

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here