View Single Post
December 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Awesomesauce
Hi there. This is my first time in your area of the site so forgive the intrusion I am due to have my first child July of next year. Since watching the business of being born, I have been pro-NCB. As much as it is a deep desire of mine to have a home birth, unfortunately that just isn't something that I can have in such a small town. A birth center is also not an option. We only have the local hospital, which of course is limited in both resources and education. I don't relish the idea of a hospital birth. I absolutely do want as natural a birth as possible though, no matter where we will be. I know this will likely be met with criticism, doubt, and pressure from family, friends, and medical personnel - it already has been. With small towns come small minds. This is very important to me however, and I'm trying to prepare myself to deal with the rest of the world, even if it means not sharing my plans with anyone other than those who will be involved in the birth.

Obviously I have a lot of questions - how to prepare my mind and body, natural pain management, my rights as a pregnant and birthing mother, the next best alternatives in case a natural birth isn't possible... Too many to post here for sure! I suppose I can only ask for some general information and direction from those more experienced than I. Can anyone point me to helpful information sources? Reading material (I am not religious)? What things I should be asking before choosing my OBGYN? Do you have any advice or information you wish you'd known before your birth? Or techniques you use to deal with the negative reactions and opinions from others? I'm really very non-confrontational

Anything at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; December 20th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.