View Single Post
December 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
All went great. Nuchal thickness was 1.3 and it just had to be below three. We saw fingers and toes. We also saw the kidneys and bladder which had a little urine in it. We saw the stomach and of course the heart. The heart rate was 173. It was kicking and waving and had its hands by its face. We could see the nasal bones as well.
I also had my blood drawn for the first trimester screening.

They confirmed my doctors ultrasound two weeks ago and I have a due date of July 1st.

The place I have my ultrasounds at is a tertiary referral center and a perinatoligist comes in to see each ultrasound. A perinatoligist is involved for High risk pregnancies. They have the latest greatest ultrasound machines so they can work closely with the geneticists, surgeons, cardiologists etc.

I am 12 weeks four days now. The tech and perinatoligist took their guesses separately and both guessed the same thing. At this age both boys and girls have little appendages down there. But it depends on how the appendange lies. A penis lies at about 30 degree angle to the body while girl parts stick straight out in line with the body.

In our case we saw the later and they are very sure we are having a girl. They are occasionally wrong. the perinatoligist says that they only get about 1/5000 or so wrong. Of course we will confirm at the 20 week ultrasound to be sure. But for now we are only deciding in girl names.