View Single Post
December 22nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have been looking to move for a while now. Our lease is up, and we're month to month, so I've been checking places out. We live on a military base, so our rent is equal to our BAH (housing allowance.) Currently we live in a four bedroom 1300 square foot duplex. We wait listed ourselves for another base, 45 minutes away, which had very large, very nice, five bedroom houses. Same price.

However....our BAH is going up in 2013 to like $2700. Yeah, Washington DC is expensive, but I am not paying $2700 to live anywhere. When we moved in a year ago our rent was like $1881. How did it go up that much in a year and a half??

Anyway...we found a lovely home to rent yesterday. It is $1650 a month, so well under our budget. We went and met the owner and he doesn't care that we have four kids and four cats. Let me tell you...that is RARE. The cats are usually a dealbreaker. They are declawed and litter trained though...they cause no issues.

I love this house so much! It is 2000 square feet, so quite a bit bigger. It is only three bedrooms, but all three are crazy big. The upstairs has the two kid bedrooms and a jack and jill bathroom in between. I have always wanted those! It has a deck and fenced yard. And the neighborhood is nice and quiet with a low speed limit. There is a very nice elementary school less than a mile from the house, if we decide to try that instead of homeschooling next year. And it is only a block from the Chesapeake bay, with a pier we can use.

Sounds awesome, doesn't it? It will be about 45 minutes for dh to get to work, instead of 15. He is fine with that though, and it really does put us in a much better area. It's a quiet town of just 4,000. Just the kind of place I'd like to live.