Topic: Bible Study
View Single Post
December 26th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
TOPIC 1 LAST POST:

In reference to spirits being "stuck" in limbo....

2 Corinthians 5:8 says "We would rather be AWAY from the body and at home with the Lord."

The second before Jesus took his final breath he said "Father, into your hands, I commit my spirit." When Stephen was being stoned to death he said "Father receive my spirit." When the thief hanging on the cross beside Jesus asked to be remembered when jesus came into his kingdom, Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, TODAY you will be with me in Paradise." These verses tell me that at the moment of death, our spirit goes to God.

The only place I can think of in the Bible that actually TELLS us about someone going to Hell was when the "rich man" dies in Luke 16. Verse 22 says "The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes...." So all in one sentence, he was buried and then immediately is in torment in Hell.

I don't believe there are any souls of the dead anywhere except Heaven or Hell. The spirits we may hear or see are demonic. They may be nice and they may be mean, but either way is for the purpose of deception. They can make themselves appear to look and act like a dead loved one because they are familiar enough with them to do this. The Bible says Satan himself can disguise himself as an angel of light. Lets not be fooled by him.

********IF YOU WANT TO COMMENT OR ASK A QUESTION, PLEASE USE THE ORIGINAL THREAD**** HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...halloween.html (Spiritualism in America/Halloween)

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Last edited by mamaginger; December 26th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.