View Single Post
December 27th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Super Mommy
I'm 23, and finishing my teaching certification this fall or next spring. Depending on if a baby comes first. Two things I want, a career and a baby. My husband is an active duty soldier, so he has a good job, but I want to work too. But I want to have children, and young because I don't want to be an older mom. And we are financially and mentally ready.

My question is, is it wrong that I want to have a baby (by next fall), care at home for the baby untill the baby is about 3-6 months, then go back to work? I have a bachelors in education, just finishing my teaching certification.

We can afford to live on my husbands income alone, but I want a career as well. I'm just not the stay at home mom type, but that doesn't mean I should never have kids. I want to work, create a retirement for my family, and support my family as a team with my husband. I don't want to struggle financially. Yeah we can survive on one income, but I don't want to survive I want to prosper.

Is it bad I don't at the moment feel guilty for wanting to work and have children?