View Single Post
December 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Learning to walk in faith
Last year, dh bought my oldest dss an X-Box for his birthday. He's really wanted the Kinect sensor bar since then, and apparently bm told oldest dss and middle dss back in late October/early November that she would buy them the bar for Christmas this year as long as they were okay with the fact that it would mean they only got one other present from her (which they were fine with). They both put Kinect games on all of their Christmas lists because of it, and it sounded like that was still the plan as recently as a couple of weeks ago. We went ahead and chose Kinect games for them, and so did my il's.

I'm sure you can imagine how we all felt when my oldest dss opened up the first Kinect game, looked at it for a few seconds, then looked at us with tears in his eyes and said that she didn't get it for them after all.

I know it's just a video game, and we can either swap them for the boys or they can use some of their Christmas money to buy the Kinect sensor, which can sell for as low as $70.00 pre-owned. It's not the end of the world. It's just really obnoxious to watch her build them up and get them excited, and then not follow through, since it sounded like they didn't know they wouldn't be getting it anymore until Christmas morning.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!