View Single Post
December 31st, 2012, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way. I have a little girl and so people naturally think I want a boy to have one of each, but I can only picture and imagine having a girl. I think I will be happy if it's a boy because it will be new and different but I also really would be excited for my daughter to have a sister. I am already getting annoyed by family members sharing their opinion about how they hope it's a boy. I think I am overly being pushed towards "pro-girl" because I do not want people to think I am disappointed with another girl because I wouldn't be! I will smack anyone who says a rude comment if it's a girl. I honestly think that I would be happy either way but I am imagining a girl. When I tell people I want her to have a sister (I am very close to my sister and not close to my brother) they remind me that they have a brother they are very close to or that they have a sister they are not close to, so it makes me realize that gender has nothing to do with it, it is just my experience. Anyway, I understand totally where you are coming from.

If I had had a boy first, I know I would be really wishing for a girl and would probably have gender disappointment if it was another boy.