Topic: Goals
View Single Post
January 1st, 2013, 08:51 PM
GothMom
It sounds like you are doing what you can so don't beat yourself up. I totally know what you mean about "massaging" the breast...more like wringing them out haha. Careful with supplementing formula unless you absolutely need to because it's a trap that can reduce milk. Have you checked out feeding amounts for his size? I have a limited supply so if someone overfeeds I am screwed. As long as he's gaining, peeing and pooping he does not need large amounts but you should check with the doctor for what is a good amount for him. Again, I know you prefer the natural stuff but maybe a little medication is better than supplementing formula. I just don't know. As for the pump, I have used all types including hospital grade, which I have now, and the good home double pumps do a really great job too. It could be the pump or it could be the added pressure at home now and the fact that you are busy caring for two children. Maybe you could try a rental and see if it boosts your supply back up? I bought my hospital grade used and it was similar in price to a new home pump. I have the Medela Lactina Select Plus. Hope this improves for you guys!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12