View Single Post
January 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
O has always had a bit of a video game obsession ever since we introduced him to my old N64. He loves to play James Bond. For Christmas, he got a new James Bond Wii game, and he also got a Nintendo DS. We KNEW it was going to be bad until he got used to them. We KNEW that since he got them and then left for 5 days, he'd want them as soon as he walked in the door.

He's done a pretty good job bouncing back and forth between all his presents. But last night we were all building his K'Nex roller coaster. Granted, the thing was a ***** to build. And yeah we had to do a lot of the work. But at one point he basically asked us to move so he could play James Bond.

And then today. He woke up around 10. Of course played video games. I am a bit under the weather so I got up around noon. Eric had to leave for work at 2. At around 2:30, I showered. When I got out of the shower, I had O shower. Around 5pm I go to do his laundry. And I notice his PJ pants AND his underwear are SOAKED. I call Eric and ask him how to approach it.

I asked O, "I have a question, and don't be embarrassed, I just need the truth okay? I noticed your PJ pants were wet when I did your laundry. Did they get wet when you got out of the shower or did you not make it to the bathroom in time."

He says, "Oh..... this morning I didn't make it to the bathroom in time."

Like.. I have NO idea when this happened. I asked him where he was and he said standing in front of the Wii. I can't punish the kid for peeing. But he is 8 years old. He should know to PAUSE the game to go to the bathroom. Has his obsession become too much? He already knows when he goes back to school Monday he will be back to a one hour limit a day, and only once his homework is done. But 2 days ago we saw him dancing while playing and had to tell him to STOP playing and go pee.

How the heck do I handle this one?!