Topic: 2013 for 2013
View Single Post
January 4th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how y'all do it with your husbands being gone on deployment! I don't think I could handle it. I don't see much of my husband as it is, because we're on opposite schedules most of the time, but we at least get one day a week together. Maybe 2 or 3 if we're lucky.

He works in a bar and works nights. (Like 6pm until 4am) He always works Friday and Saturday nights and then two or three nights a week, depending on what he and the other guy decide. After Christmas we came home from seeing my family on the 27th (which was a Thursday) and he worked that night, Friday night, and Saturday night. I left Sunday to go see my mom until Monday and then we both worked Monday night. He then worked Tuesday and Wednesday. So, I only saw him when he was asleep for a week. I hate when it happens like that! I'm up during the day and he sleeps late on days he has to work or days after he has worked the night before. But then he tends to stay up late or sleep late on other days because that is what he's used to. It makes things difficult sometimes! We are hoping to be in a different situation by the time the baby comes so we can be together more. Hopefully it will work out!

I can relate to a family with spread out kids... My oldest sister is 42 and my youngest brother is 8. There are 9 of us. (42, 41, 30 (me), 27, 20, 19, 14, 10, 8)We had 3 different moms, but we all lived with my dad (with the exception of the two oldest being there with the 3 youngest bc they were married by that point), so it seems as if we were all full siblings. It was crazy. And now we have nieces/nephews that are the same age as my younger siblings. Holidays tend to be mass chaos. But we love it!